Download a copy of the Stock Analysis App that we use to demo Squirro and QlikView, explore how it works and do your own demos.
Please note that this a very experimental and early version of the Squirro Integration. We'll be offering a official extension and an SDK soon.
In order for it to work you also need a Squirro account with the proper data.
How to Install the App on a Server
- Copy the QlikView QVW files into a mounted folder for your QVS. The default is C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents, although you may have additional directories defined.
- Open the squirroURL.zip and extract the folder to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects. This is the default on your QVS (you may need to create these folders manually), you can add alternative locations for your Extensions if needed – I’ll assume the default is in use.
- If you are wanting to use this extension locally wherever QlikView developer is installed, the location for the squirroURL folder becomes C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects.
- In your Internet Explorer add https://squirro.com to the Trusted Sites list.
How to the SquirroURL Extension in a new QlikView Document
- Extensions will only work in “webview” mode; so when developing in QlikView this requires you to flip into webview mode by using this button:
This toolbar is called “Design” and you can add it in View -> Toolbars.
- Next, as you are now in webview, you can right click (in a blank area) and choose “New Sheet Object”
- Click at the bottom on “Extension Objects”
- Drag and drop the SquirroURL onto the sheet
- Right click the new object and in here you can define the path to Squirro. As this is dynamic and changes we need to use a QlikView variable- this can be defined like “=$(myvariable)”.
||Initial Version of App