The query syntax can be used in Squirro to search for items.
Squirro search results can be sorted in three different ways: relevance, time or time_relevance, which can be set as default on a per-project basis, using the Advanced Options.
- Combined Time and Relevance Sorting - Smart Rank — Combined time and relevant sorting is the "magic solution" to ranking results which we believe will deliver the best results, especially for projects where the most recent items are usually more important than older information
- Relevance Sorting — The default solution for sorting results in Squirro is currently sorting by relevance.
- Date Sorting — An alternative sorting option is sorting by the age of the results.
Squirro provides powerful tools for map-based search visualisations to your projects
- Geo Filtered Maps — Using the geo_point facet type you can attach coordinates to data you load into Squirro, allowing you to display the coordinates on a map or query the data using a geo bounding box.
- Region Maps — Region Maps allow you to visualise data on a "geo heatmap"
Squirro can make item, entity and facet recommendations based on various types of input
- Methods of Recommendation — The theory behind how recommendations work in Squirro and the 3 different methods we provide based on non-correlated facets, correlated facets or machine learning
- Visualising Recommendations — How recommendations can be visualised in your projects
- Feedback for Entity Recommendations — To enable entity feedback you must create a studio plugin to handle the data which comes from the UI in the frontend. Outlined below are the various POST objects which can be consumed with the custom studio plugin endpoint.
- Smart Filters — The Squirro Smart Filter makes it possible to search for concepts, not just keywords.
- Contextual Concept Search