For loading data into Squirro, you will need to set up a connection. This requires configuration options, that are used by the various command-line tools, the SDK, the API, etc.
Table of Contents
The cluster is the address where your Squirro has been set up. For a /wiki/spaces/BOX/overview setup this is generally https://box.ip.address. For the cloud version, this is generally https://customer.squirro.biz or similar.
For this purpose, the Squirro API uses authentication tokens. To create such a token:
- Open the Squirro web interface and log in as the user you'll want to use for API access.
- Open the user dropdown menu on the top right, then click "API Access".
- In the resulting screen under "User Token" press "Generate". The text field will then be populated with a token:
If the text field already has a token, then simply copy that value. If you press "Renew" the current token will be invalidated and a new one is created.
When working with projects, for example, to search for items, the project's identifier is needed. The user interface provides this identifier:
- Log into Squirro.
- Open the Settings dropdown menu on the top right (wheelbarrow icon) and click "Project Properties".
- The Project Identifier is in the resulting screen and can be copied to the clipboard.