Released 28th October 2016
- Painless prototyping: it's now possible to reset the search index, facets and dashboards via the API - great for when a new project is evolving. Details for use in the squirro python client are here under
reset_projectand the raw API documentation is here.
- Pinpoint problems fast: the topic API log file now contains a new type of log message showing user requests and how long they took. Handy for debugging slow response times.
- Flexible Facet Tables: the Facet Table widget gains an optional "detail view", offering new ways to present results to users. What's more, using the custom widget API, it's possible customise the look and feel to your requirements.
Smarter PowerPoint results: if your search matches content from a presentation, we now show you which slide was matched so you can quickly find your place in large presentations
Facet Lists the way you want them: the facet list widget now allows a custom sort of the order of facets, as an alternative to the default alphabetical sorting
Reduced dashboard noisiness: dashboards can now fold away facet lists just like on the standard search screen meaning less distraction for the eye from the results that matter
Faster Loading Results: static inline content like images is now served directly via nginx, reducing load times significantly
Keep and eye on trend training: the trend detection API response now includes a
trends_healthyboolean value telling you whether the training, or re-training, of trend detection went successfully
You shall not pass! it's now possible disable new signups for installations where user access is fully managed via a different system.
Clearer error reporting: When user attempts to access an embedded dashboard but lacks security permission, we now return an HTTP 403 error
Cleaner Logs: the std*.log files are now rotated automatically by default and have been tuned to reduce verbosity and emphasise important messages
Fast Patching: project-specific changes and urgent updates can now be quickly and easily delivered via RPM without needing to upgrade to a new Squirro version
- Bigger by default: the default number of Elasticsearch shards for new installations increases from 2 to 6 making it easier to handle larger datasets by default
Efficient loading of trends and smart filters: reduced the number of API calls required to load trend detection data as well as smart filters when "explain" mode is on
- Migration to new Microsoft Bing API: To continue to use the bing provider you have to subscribe to the new microsoft cognitive service bing api and adjust your license key in the bing.ini configuration file. This improvement was added on the 23rd of November 2016.
Fixed bug that was preventing adding of members to a project via the user interface
- Fixed issue preventing scrolling right to the bottom of long facet lists on the search screen
Fixed issue making scrollbars difficult to use in Internet Explorer
- Various minor bug fixes for Internet Explorer 10/11 for the facet list and word cloud widgets
- Ensure selected facets are always displayed correctly on the appropriate widgets
Fixed issue where open in new browser tab was re-using previous tabs
Fixed issues with Result List widget affecting configuration of link opening behaviour and resolve problems caused by using multiple Result Lists on a single Dashboard
Numerous minor UI and widget bug fixes and improvements
Adding new Themes to a dashboard now works again
- De-duplication step does not delete file assets on S3. This fix and any fixes that we may add below showcase our "Fast Patching" ability mentioned under Improvements above. We added this fix on 2nd November 2016.
The dashboard format has changed. POSTing a dashboard with 2.4.3 format using the Squirro API will automatically convert the dashboard to 2.4.4 format.
How will this affect you? The 2.4.4 dashboards are not backward compatible anymore. It is not possible to convert a dashboard back to be usable with 2.4.3.
Fresh Installation Instructions
Please follow the regular installation steps.
To upgrade to version 2.4.4 of Squirro, please ensure that your current version is at least version 2.4.3 or higher. This is because of squirro rpm version number changes from "0.1" to "2.4.4". If you are on a version older than 2.4.3, please contact support.
From version 2.4.3
1. Upgrade Storage Nodes and Cluster Nodes collocated on the same machine/VM
2. Upgrade Storage Nodes (separate from Cluster Nodes)
Upgrade all storage nodes one at a time by running: