Released on August 4th, 2016.
- New Additions to the Dashboard Toolbox: We’ve expanded the dashboard toolbox with some new features and widgets:
- Reset Dashboard – this widget can be placed anywhere on a dashboard and allows you to reset any search filters
- Browser Detection - this makes light work of testing your dashboard with different web browsers
- Query Edit - Change the query behind a widget on the fly
- Widget Property Page Visibility - the property pages of widgets are now exposed via the custom widget API so you modify them programmatically
- Modifier Key Handling - We reintroduced this to Facet Tables give you more control in your code
- Data Loading Performance: Expect more when loading data – you can now split the search index to allow separate indices for reading and writing.
- Type Ahead Update: The search type-ahead suggestions are now cleaner and easier to read and indicate how many results match each suggestion
- Indexing Performance Tuning: Explicitly identify which fields you want to analyse for type-ahead, alphabetical sorting and searchability
- Operator Override: you can create new projects while the Elasticsearch cluster is in 'yellow' state (if you explicitly enable this behaviour in the Squirro configuration). With great power comes great responsibility...
- Elasticsearch Default: Squirro now defaults to use the 'elasticsearch' user to run Elasticsearch instead of the 'elastic' user. This conforms to the 'norm' when working with Elasticsearch
- Cluster Transparency: the cluster service now provides the _internal/status resource allowing you to query its state and we added the status of MySQL and Redis so it’s easier to get an overview of the cluster state.
- Migration Resilience: We improved the MySQL cluster node migration process to make it more resilient to specific error conditions.
- Self-Repair MySQL: We also added monitoring and self-repair in case MySQL replication breaks or the MySQL process stops
- Fixed: Sort gets reversed when editing bookmarks, after query #13, on IE11
- Fixed: IE11/IE10 Compatability: Focus is not released from search bar
- Fixed: Custom Facet Table headers lose sorting indicators
Fresh Installation Instructions
Please follow the regular installation steps.
To upgrade to version 2.4.3 of Squirro, please ensure that your current version is at least version 2.3.2 or higher. This is because this version contains a new major version of ElasticSearch. If you are on a version older than 2.3.2, please contact support.
From versions 2.4.x, 2.3.2 or 2.3.3
1. Upgrade Storage Nodes and Cluster Nodes collocated on the same machine/VM
2. Upgrade Storage Nodes (separate from Cluster Nodes)
Upgrade all storage nodes one at a time by running: