Released on July 7th, 2016.
- Secure share: You can now share data securely with 3rd party applications using the new Encrypted Query API endpoint. A new API endpoint allows you to request an encrypted version of the executed query which can be re-used outside of Squirro – for example in a third party application. For more information please consult the EncryptedQuery API documentation and the SquirroClient method get_encrypted_query()
- Faster feedback: We value your feedback – it helps us to keep Squirro at its best! Now you can send us feedback directly from the app. Click on the question icon in the top right of the Squirro UI
- Speed for scale: We’ve made some significant performance improvements to support those customers working with a large number of data sources
- Better search suggestions: performance tuning, bug fixes and other small improvements
- Unblock-able data importing: the pipeline now has the ability to "give up" on items of data which are blocking the system so that data importing can continue
- Processing control: Pipelets can now remove the body of incoming data items as needed
- Flexible timeout options: Complex, long running queries can now keep on running - query timeout can now be configured and extended as required
- Easy Experimentation: It’s now much more simple to experiment with Known Entity Extraction and PDF files as KEE and pipelet reruns now also work for sub_items
- Gone for good: Deleted users no longer show up as project members
- Trend tidy: Trend detections are now properly cleaned up if a project is deleted
Fresh Installation Instructions
Please follow the regular installation steps.
To upgrade to version 2.4.2 of Squirro, please ensure that your current version is at least version 2.3.2 or higher. This is because this version contains a new major version of ElasticSearch. If you are on a version older than 2.3.2, please contact support.
From versions 2.4.1, 2.4.0, 2.3.2 or 2.3.3
1. Upgrade Storage Nodes and Cluster Nodes collocated on the same machine/VM
2. Upgrade Storage Nodes (separate from Cluster Nodes)
Upgrade all storage nodes one at a time by running: