This Data Loading and Processing manual shows how data is loaded into Squirro.
Then the various ways of getting data into the system are outlined.
Finally the enrichments show how the data can be enriched as part of the process.
Table of Contents
- Facets Webinar — This is a recording of the technical webinar on the topic of Facets. The webinar goes through the Facets Tutorial.
- Facets Tutorial — This tutorial imports an extract of the Panama Papers https://panamapapers.icij.org into Squirro. The focus is especially on how to model and use the facets in this context.
- Using Facets — This section shows how the different data types of facets affect their usage in queries and dashboards.
- Data Modeling — This section talks about the considerations when thinking of the keywords to use on Squirro items.
- Managing Facets — Facets offer a range of customizations when setting them up.
To gather insights from data, Squirro needs very fast access to that data. For that purpose, any required data is indexed into the Squirro data storage layer.
- Data Sources — This is a list of the data sources for which Squirro has connectors available.
- Loading Tools
- SDK tools
Any items that are added to Squirro go through the Squirro Pipeline. In that Pipeline the items are normalized and enriched, before they are written into the index. This process is called Data Enrichment and is highly configurable.
- Enrichment Webinar — in the Enrichment webinar we explain how to work with enrichments and the Pipeline.
- Pipeline — When indexing items in Squirro, they run through the Squirro pipeline to apply a number of enrichments.
- Built-in enrichments
- Search Tagging
- Known Entity Extraction
- Pipelets — Pipelets are plugins to the Squirro pipeline, used to customize the data processing.
Squirro provides the Trend Detection functionality to analyze trends in time-series data. This feature can be used to find outliers in the historical time-series data and get automatic email alerts for unusual behavior or patterns in your data.
- Trend Detection Webinar — The Trend Detection webinar gives a introduction into Squirro Trend Detection.
- Trend Detection Tutorial — This tutorial goes step by step through setting up a Trend Detection on a Squirro project and visualizing it on a Squirro dashboard.
- Trend Detection Reference — This reference section discusses the details for the Squirro Trend Detection functionality.